Friday, October 30, 2015

Behind the Times

How long would it take the city to implement video, televised, and live stream council meetings? Every time I see something like the linked article, I get inspired anew and then I shake my head. Who knows if it is just election talk in Beachwood, but that council wants to move forward with televising and live stream council meetings to include call in or mail in questions.

Bay hopes to have their new recording equipment in place by the end of the year. Every time a concern pops up it seems to go back to the drawing board for weeks. This has been discussed and planned for nearly two years now – and this is just microphones and audio. 

There were several good points in this article. My favorite: "If we're going to effectively communicate, I guess the way to do it is streaming and having meetings available (on video)."

No comments:

Post a Comment